Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Aem cas trigger disk30-8761 for rb26dett - with vipec v44 ecu

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hey Yall,

I recently took my buddy's cas that came equipped with the aem cas trigger disk since my car was mifriring and this was the last thing I haven't changed yet.

I set it up on my vipec v44 as advised on another thread on this forum

Basically did the multitooth and trigger 1 is setup with the optical sensor with 24 teeth and trigger 2 is off the cam pulse x1.

The car stopped misfiring during cruising and low load once installed but I noticed that it seems like my ignition timing is wayyyy off now. I used a timing light on idle to get it to match the marks on the crank pulley and my ecu set timing but i was having a hard time as it felt very jumpy on idle ...like the timing light was having trouble it seems to stay steady.

Basically, on cruising the car runs great it feels, but as I start giving her the beans, she feels very sluggish and has high backfires on high rpm shifts and large flames coming out the back. It's sounds like it's even backfiring/misfiring during WOT pulls. When im at half throttle, the turbos spool up to the desired max boost but it still feels super sluggish

I haven't changed anything in my tune since I swapped over the cas from a nissan 360 opto to the aem 24 tooth disk.

Was there a calibration that I had to do that I committed or something? I'm very lost at this point.

Cheers

If you haven't already, I'd check for triggering errors in datalogs.

Next, the later units from Link have an onboard scope function which is quite useful and would quickly help us confirm whether the signal your V44 is receiving is great or potentially causing a problem. In lieu of that, using an external scope would help confirm if the trace the ECU is receiving looks OK or not, and would help update the arming voltages per RPM.

I would also check timing with a light at a high RPM, with timing locked using the calibrate function, and adjust the delay until there's no timing drift at high RPM.

I'll look into those things mentionned! Cheers

You're welcome! Please let us know how it goes and we'll help you get it sorted.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?