Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Connecting EMS Stinger 4424 and other ecu's to mainline dyno

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before or i missed a video. I'm about to take on dyno tuning for the first time and want to utilize the MBT optimization function as taught by Andre.

I have an EMS stinger 4424 ecu that has a serial access port and access to a mainline dyno with the mbt function, a serial input port and extension cable.

My question is how do i connect to the dyno via serial to transmit the data needed? Do i need a laptop with 2 serial ports? If i have an ecu that is not supported by the dyno is there another technique to find mbt?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I'm aware the Stinger ECU isn't supported by mainline. The particular communication I use is CAN which I don't believe the Stinger ECU offers.

Personally I'd set up the live graph to display torque and use that while optimising the timing in steady state. The MBT function is amazing for training and it's good for an occasional spot check of a cell or two but it's too slow to use on the entire table.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?