Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Few issues in the Dimemod 2015 STI

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi guys,

I just got my car tuned with the dimemod patch and I'm having a few issues.

First, when the car's been sitting for a while, it hesitates to start right away.

Second, when the car is idling and I give it gas, the RPMs drop to 400-500 and then come back to normal.

I'm running map switching option in dimemod. Can you check my map and see if the injectors scaling is fine for 1050x injectors? Please let me know if there are any improvements that I can do for this.

and also I am trying to get the Launch Control working but haven't had any luck.

Here are the mods:

COBB SF intake

Grimspeed catted Downpipe

Indivia q300 catback exhaust

NGk 1step colder spark plugs

Cylinder 4 Cooling Mod

IAG AOR

Grimspeed 3port

Turbo smart external waste gauge 40mm (Comp-Gate40)

ID1050X injectors

AEM340 Fuel pump

Radium FPR kit

Competition stage2 clutch

Tune file and definition

Attached Files

The starting issue may be simply a loss of fuel pressure in the rail, that needs to be restored. Depending on your specific vehicle's setup, you may be able to monitor that, or hear the pump(s) building pressure when the ignition is turned on. Usually ECUs have a delay, such as 2 seconds, between the ignition turning on the pump and then cutting the pump is there is no crank signal, so try it a few times.

It's unlikely, and will usually show up as a different problem, but there may be slight leakage from one, or more, of the injectors, causing an over-rich (flooding) issue until cleared.

I agree with Gord, try keying on, waiting 3 seconds then start and see if fine when there's good fuel pressure at the injectors.

Off idle you're dealing with acceleration enrichment and the main VE table mostly. If the VE table is proper in steady state then adjust accel enrich.

Yo, thanks a lot guys. So, I found this loose FPR vacuum hose that was connected to the BOV hose. After I tightened it down, things got a lot better, but it still happens sometimes, especially if I haven't driven the car for a couple of hours.

Mike, what do you think? If I multiply the acceleration enrichment A and B tables by 5%, do you think that might help?

Attached Files

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?