Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

M1 GPR Rolling Launch work around using C125

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

After watching the Rolling Launch webinar I emailed Motec about the possibility of this feature being added. As always Nick B got back to me very quickly and had a few suggestions for a workaround using my current GPR firmware and my C125 dash.

Following his suggestions I built a table in the dash that will drive a rotary switch position. That rotary switch position will be controlling my "Launch aim RPM". 9 RPM breakpoints should be plenty since the window in which I plan to use a rolling launch feature is relatively small.

Haven't tested this yet but it appears to be promising. Nick setup a user condition in the dash so that once the "Launch Trigger" is activated the "Launch Aim" channel is not updated which is why I tightened up the RPM breakpoints.

I'm still hoping that Motec decides to implement a real strategy for guys like me with GPR. I'm confident my method will work, but an actual Rolling Launch strategy developed by Motec would be infinitely better.

Bob

Attached Files

Very clever! Thanks for sharing.

Just tested this on the street and it work better then I ever expected it to. For a first test im very happy, it made 15psi of boost in about one second and the throttle went to the 70% target I set up (should probably lower that). The limiter was smooth and when I let go of the trigger the car accelerated HARD. It caught me off gaurd so I let out right away. Attached is a screen shot from the log. It over shot my boost target so theres more work to be done.

Attached Files

That's a nice work around. If you have a MoTeC dash then there are often a variety of ways of achieving your aim. We're doing much the same in the Pikes Peak hillclimb car we support to implement a nitrous strategy that is only used for antilag. This use of nitrous in the GPRP package isn't possible.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?