Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

rb25det wont go over 5500rpms pulling my hair out!

General Tuning Discussion

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discuss all things tuning in this section. News, products, problems and results. 

= Resolved threads

Author

just wanted to start out saying im hoping who ever is reading this is having a better day then me :) so i have a un-opened rb25det running ecumasters id1050x injectors audi r8 coils garret gt 3076r on e85 simple. things ive done configured the ecu. set the trigger up and synced timing, set base tables up for fuel and spark and arf target table. checked fuel pressure. done my initial start up got the car to idle perfect! so moved to steady state got the afrs in a safe spot so i done a pull and car felt good till 5500 rpms. it hit rev limiter it was very aggressive so i went and pulled up a log to see if i could find the problem. pulled up log for boost,fuel,spark,knock and lean protection and fc corrections. nothing looked like it would cause a fuel/spark cut. everything was good no sync error for cas. i am still using the stock disc for the cas could that be the problem? this is my first time tuning so any help is much appreciated i did try to rev it with no load and it got up to 6300rpms.im stumped! i really appreciate you taking the time to read this

Attached Files

Quick look over your logs, it appears to lose Cam tooth count at 5300 rpm ish. This is most likely the CAS in my experience. 24-1 disc may help, but really the solution is a trigger kit.

Factory engine harness I assume? check the wiring and shield is on good condition too

I'd also advise you take another look at your accel enrichment tables, they are very aggressive and flat.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to go over the logs and give me some advice. I really appreciate!

Much like Tyson, I've found this sort of issue happens so much with Nissan CAS that I require a conversion before attempting tuning to ensure the customer gets a good safe result. I've used the Ross kits, and PRP is also well respected.

People sleep on how well Denso and the like built their trigger filtration strategies way back when. Dealing with the 360 window optical wheel on an RB is pain in and of itself, and modern standalones - while fantastic - tend to not have nearly the capabilities on fudging engine position while staying safe and reliable.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?