Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

2005 STI Project

Practical Standalone Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Standalone Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi all! I am currently working on building my first big tuning project and would like to get some feedback/advice on my thought process as I go through with this. Closed deck longblock EJ257 is being built as we speak, with a lot of goodies by an extremely reputable machine shop in my area well capable of handling my goal of 500-550 WHP on E85. Significant modifications are...

FP Black turbo

ETS Front mount intercooler

ID1700 CC injectors

Fuel System with external surge tank by Aftermarket Industries

AMS Intake manifold

Killer B holy headers

Link plug n play standalone

With the AMS intake manifold installed I cannot run stock side feed injectors for startup, nor can I run the stock intake and MAF with the front mount intercooler setup. I was originally planning on running a hybrid setup utilizing the MAF sensor at idle/cruise switching over to VE fueling at higher load. However, I understand I cannot properly tune MAF scaling or Injector flow scaling without stock injectors or intake installed simultaneously as these two rely on one or the other to be properly scaled first. My thought would be to ignore the MAF sensor altogether and run full time Volumetric Efficiency fueling at this point as it'd be easier. My question... Is it worth it to take it step by step installing modifications so that I can scale MAF/ Injectors properly in order to run the hybrid system, or would you guys run full Volumetric efficiency fueling? This is NOT a daily car, but I will be using it on the street mostly, as well as some track days here and there. I am fairly new to this, just throwing it out there to get some ideas from those who have done this before. Thanks!!!!

I would skip MAF tuning, but if you want to do it as a pure learning exercise you certainly could. Just keep in mind any intake to properly support that horsepower level isn't going to be great for MAF readings.

Thanks Mike! That’s kinda where my head is at. I really just wanted to run the hybrid system as a learning exercise but I think it’d be a lot of extra work that probably wouldn’t be worth it.

Sounds good!

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?