Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Hp tuners Aem 30-0300 guage setup in hp tuner for ls engine

Practical Standalone Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Standalone Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

I have setup my AEM 30-0300 with the prolink gen 3 and i cannot get the guage to display in Lambda. It reads in fuel ratio, I have spent hours trying different ways to correct it with no success. Anybody able to help me with this?

According to the manual (found here: https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/dashes_and_gauges/wideband_gauges/x_series_wideband/parts/30-0300)

You press the MODE button button to cycle through the options, when it displays "LA", you press the SEL (select) button to keep that mode.

BTW, you can disassemble the gauge and flip the faceplate to get Lamba scale for the exterior LEDs.

I'm can get the guage to read in Lambda just not in hp tuners

Have you tried right clicking the input channel in the channels list and changing the unit?

Yes and no success with that either, I looked for guage setup videos or tutorials and can't find one that works

If you right click on the MPVI input, hit transform, then under oxygen sensors you can choose air/fuel ratio or equivalence ratio and select which wideband you have.

If those built in options aren't the conversion you're needing, or you're inputting a different type of sensor they don't have a preconfigured setup for, you select User Defined at the bottom of the Transform options, then create your own transform function. Here's an example:

For AEM 30-0300, the AEM manual states lambda = (0.1621 * Volts) + 0.4990

But the HPT format is:

Function = (input / x) + offset

so you need to get the inverse of 0.1621 by doing 1/.1621 since the function will be dividing instead of multiplying.

1/.1621= 6.169 (approximately)

So your HP function is (input / 6.169) + 0.4990

The .499 comes straight from the AEM provided formula.

You can verify you've created the transform properly by testing some sample voltages.

(3.00 volts / 6.169) + 0.499 = .99 lambda after rounding to 2 decimal places

(2.00 volts / 6.169) + 0.499 = 0.82 lambda after rounding to 2 decimal places

You'll find these values match the calibration table in the AEM documentation.

I hope this helps!

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?