Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Can OEM Fuel Level and Temperature be tied into Harness and Read on ECU M400 and Motec Dash? Tachometer via CAN?

Practical Motorsport Wiring - Club Level

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Motorsport Wiring - Club Level

= Resolved threads

Author

Hello Everyone,

I am building my first engine harness for my personal stage rally car. The car is a 2005 Mitsubishi Evo 8 currently running a Motec M400 on a jumper harness to the OEM harness. For now, I am going to do the engine harness but eventually a complete rewire front to back. The plan is to run the following for the engine harness:

- Motec M400 (currently on car with a jumper harness)

- PDM30

- C125/7 Dash Logger

- 15 Button Keypad

Questions

The OE fuel levels were sent originally to the OEM dash gauge, and the OE temp sensor was not displayed anywhere. Can I tie into these into the harness and have them displayed on the Motec dash if setup correctly?

If the TACH output is going to be sent to the dash via CAN, the need for a pull up resistor would not be needed, correct? I currently run the TACH on an AUX output that runs a pull up resistor.

I added my documentation for both the new harness and the jumper harness wiring for a reference of how it is currently wired up.

Thanks!

Attached Files

If you are replacing the OEM Dash with the C12x, then yes, this data can be run to the ECU and Dash. You will need the IO enable to run the Fuel Level into the Dash. The OEM ECT should go into the ECU.

You do not need to run the Tacho wire from the ECU to the C12x, this will be done over CAN.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?