Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Inventor Pro or Fusion 360 video for creating a Rose Joint.

3D Modeling & CAD for Motorsport

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course 3D Modelling & CAD for Motorsport.

= Resolved threads

Author

Evening all,

Does anyone know of a good tutorial of how to build a Rose/Heim joint in Inventor Pro or Fusion, not solidworks. I see in the videos for suspension that you have them and I was hoping the course content had a 'how to make a rose joint' tutorial for a project I'm starting. My degree I'm doing only uses the autodesk products.

Thanks in advanced,

Phil

Can you imporf a Solidworks model? Suppliers of Rod Ends (aka Rose joints) often have CAD models available. For example, Mcmaster-Carr has many different 3-D models available, here is just one size:

https://www.mcmaster.com/59935K44-59935K84/

Fusion also has a Mcmaster-carr pluggin under the 'insert' tab, i'd assume inventor did as well.

Or download a STEP file and upload this.

Maybe check out this video - I haven't had time to watch it properly but seems like it might be ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ido89C2JV9w

Or if you have one on your desk you wish to model, i'd recommend modelling it in 2 parts and assembling them with a joint.

Use revolves of semi-circles to create spherical parts and then you should be able to do the rest with simple extruded cuts and so on.

Gents,

Many thanks for your help. Both solutions are brilliant but that McMaster-Carr website is something else. You can download the models you require for inventor pro. Absolutley brilliant!!!!!

Once again many thanks.

Phil

I think the McMaster-Carr motto is "If we don't have it, you don't need it". You can find practically any material, tool or widget you need. You can learn about the differences in materials, and why you might care.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?