Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

2013 Subaru WRX

Practical Reflash Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Reflash Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

so, I'm trying to add more rpm cells to my table and when I do that, some values at low rpm go crazy and when I correct them the rpms added go to 0 value, reason I'm adding more rpm is because rpm limit is set to 7200 and this table maxed out at 6000.

Attached Files

In my experience Subaru open source definition errors are common, so you always need to be careful and watch out for this sort of thing. Good job catching it and not flashing the car, because as you can imagine you can hurt an engine quickly when junk values end up in tables.

If you only alter table z data (the table body data between the x,y axes) you're less likely to run into this, but that definitely restricts your ability to properly tune.

One potential cause of what you're running into is many tables share axes, and if you only alter one of the many tables that shares an axis, or they aren't all set the same, that can end badly. Badly meaning unexpected behavior, P0606 code, potentially a bricked ECU.

COBB builds features into their software that avoid this, by reverse engineering then linking tables so when you edit one, all the appropriate tables update.

You may also be running into a situation where entering a higher value breaks the table because of how the table was defined. While this isn't WinOLS, the HPA WinOLS course gets into defining tables, and teaches how you might go about further investigation to fix the definition itself.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?